The “Castello” quarter dominates from his position the whole town and develops on the ancient pisan fortress. Thanks to its old walls, survivors of the 1st and the 2nd world war, the massive 1300th twin towers of Saint Pancrazio and of the “Elefante” planed by Giovanni Capula, its bottlenecks and unexpected wide stretchs, it represents the memories and the still living heart of Cagliari.
Pic: Sardinia Kingdome 1793
In 1326, it was the time of the Aragoneses, who expressly chose the quarter of Castle as their operational and commercial site: during the fall of night, as it used to be at the times of the Pisan-domination
The Roman domination finished in the 455 A.D., with the Vandals invasion. Then it was the time of the Byzantines (533 A.D.), with a short parenthesis of the Goths (from 552 to 578 A.D.), hence